Bacteria can exist both on the outside and inside of an egg. Most bacteria are usually in the yolk as it contains nutrients bacteria need to grow, while bacteria have also been found in the white.
Eggs Self-Protection System
An egg has many natural barriers to prevent themselves from bacteria, including the shell, the shell and yolk membranes, and layers of the white.
1. The shell and shell membranes prevent bacteria from entering the egg.
2. The shell membranes and white contain lysozyme which can physically damage the bacteria.
3. The layers of white are alkaline, bind nutrients bacteria to need, and contain nutrients that bacteria cannot utilize.
4. The thick white prevents bacteria from moving towards the yolk, which contains the nutrients they need.
5. The last layer of white consists of chalazae, which holds the yolk centered in the egg where it receives the maximum protection.
Safe Handling Instructions
To eat egg safely, you should do the following things:
1. Buy eggs that are sold from a refrigerator or refrigerated case and make sure the eggs in the carton are clean and the shells are not cracked. After buying, refrigerate them promptly in their original carton at ≤40° F (≤4° C).
2. Wash hands and food contact surfaces with soap and water after contact with raw eggs. Then disinfect the food contact surfaces with a sanitizing agent.
3. Cook eggs until yolks are firm and cook egg-containing dishes thoroughly to 160F. Do not keep eggs at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
4. Restaurants should use pasteurized eggs in any recipe, such as Hollandaise sauce or Caesar salad dressing.
Egg Boiling Machine
Our boiled egg machine can boil 200 kg of eggs per hour. The machine is widely used in the food processing plant, egg wholesale, hotel, fast food shop, eggplant, airline catering and so on. We have various types of your choice and customized products to satisfy your demands.